The Fae Courts are the independent nation of the Fae in the forests to the northeast of Zerniless. The western border of the Fae Courts are the mountains of the Dwarven Safeholds, but the Fae Courts are not allied to the dwarf. Northwest of the Fae Courts are the mana-poor Savage Lands, unclaimed by man, dwarf, or fae.
The Courts are not at war with the Empire of Night, but they exist at the dubious mercy of Dread Emperor Karsen. As long as the Courts keep to themselves and do not interfere with the Empire, the Empire will not destroy them.
The Fae Courts are a monarchy, supported by a feudal aristocracy. In late 507, the rightful Queen sent out an ambassador to the Resistance of Hanist and other ambassadors to other lands. Ambassador Aisling was attacked enroute by Orcs, her bodyguards killed and her fine clothes and identification destroyed.
The Afon Dawel is the only river of note in the Fae Court, descending from the eastern slopes of the Safeholds past Plushly to the sea coast.
Around 140,000 Fae live in the forests of the Fae Court. Another 22000 Minotaurs farm the northeast peninsula and 8000 kobolds and dwarf refugees mine in the southeastern and western hills. All of them pay tribute to the Fae Queen but have no say in the governance of the Court.
Fianna Ard Mara serves as the capitol during the summer months, though the permanent population is barely large enough to support a twice weekly market. The fae nobles prefer to live among their beloved trees when not actively involved in resolving the business of government.
Pulshly is a Minotaur city of 5000 in the north central coast that ships food upriver to the dwarven miners in the nearby hills.
- Wynne Merch Wynn, Most Exalted Greenskeeper (Cribog Prime Minister)
- Cob Bocgenda, Border Grand Reeve (Cushee Marshal of the Realm)
- Ian O'Von, Lord Butler (Banshee High Priest)
- Dorin Mhic Sekag, Grand Mistress of the Stars (Gilliedew Royal Wizard)
- Keren Mac Tereboy, Lord High Chancellor (Thondyn Royal Treasurer)
- Lona Prowel, High Constable of the Woods (Dynfarch Militia Commander)
- Macavity, Queen's Hand in Shadow (Catshee Spymaster and Royal Assassin)
- Faedlim Mac Muiris, Mara King of Arms Leanshee Head of the College of Heraldry)
- Midge Waterfall Aster, Grand Scribe (Pixie Chief Judge)
- Niclas Mac Caddel, Lord High Steward (Hifnewidew Commander of Royal Bodyguard)
Officially, the Fae Courts do not have a parliament. There are several high nobles who traditionally advise the King or Queen. Currently, they are:
- Keva Merch Titian, Aethela Merch Titian (Hifnewidew)
- Sir Berian, Aethel Mac Oberron (Hifnewidew)
- Brummel, Aethel of Silence (Catshee)
- Derwin Mac Price, Aethel Mac Price (Banshee)
- Lark Starfall Rose, Aethala of the Garden (Pixie)
- Connor Mac Gabhun, Aethel East Pines (Gilliedew)
- Dame Sefni Merch Moris, Thane Mac Moris (Dyngaffer)
- Riona Merch Kirin, Thane Mac Kirin (Thondyn)
- Erin Mhic Rhees, Thane Mac Rhees (Leanshee)
- Sir Amfion Mac Pietheas, Thane Mac Pietheas (Cribog)
- Dame Smotin Sout, Thane Sout. (Cushee)